10/8/07

One Week!!!

Okay, so I've officially been through my first week of Peace Corps. There are lots of pictures, but I can't upload them yet... missing a cord. I love Tonga, it's a beautiful country and the people are so nice. I've been eating a lot of good and new food. I ate octopus yesterday after church and it was pretty awesome. All of the other volunteers are really great and we've been getting on good; like old friends. Hopefully, once i have pictures I'll get on a computer and you can see how beautiful the country is and get idea of how big my volunteer group is. For now, I'll wish all my friends and family well and hope to here from anyone.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

James,
Glad your having a good time. I will look forward to your updates. Take care, be safe, have fun. Later!
Troy

Anonymous said...

Glad you made it there safe! Hope you are having a good time! xoxo looking forward to reading your blog. Keep us updated! xoxo

Jenny said...

James, hey man you did it! How are things going? Jenny W :)

Anonymous said...

James --
Happy birthday, man. Will you get any spankings over there?

I can't wait for a new update to find out what's been happening the last three weeks, how are you doing, and if only 5 pairs of boxer shorts were really enough. That worried me.

Big happy birthday hug to you, my friend.

Unknown said...

hey bud

I hope paridise is treating you well. What sort of stuff are they getting you into. I saw the photos and I am jellous with a capital J!!!!!!!!

Greg

Diane said...

Fefe hake?? Fefe Tonga?? Man, I miss it there! I just got back to the states in Sept, but was a PCV in Tonga/Talafo'ou village and also at the TNYC for 2 years. I want to know more about you and the new group and how everything is going!!! I think a new PCV is supposed to be assigned to Talafo'ou for education/community work, so I'm excited about that! Anyways, tauhi lelei mo fiefia ma'upe!
melino 'atu,
Diane

Anonymous said...

James! Its your Togolese friend Arwen! I sent you a letter a long time ago when I was stateside, did you ever get it? I never got the one you said you sent. How is stage going? Its great to read what was going on two months ago! ;)